"What did we do in March?" Is a question I asked myself for a couple of days. I don't think this month slipped by and we did nothing. I know I we didn't, I know we didn't. I hated we missed Thomas and Mallory's wedding - thank you too much school on my part for that one and big exams. I'll be seeing them soon i know :)  because my sister, Cat, is getting married in June! We both worked - boring; School - boring; then I asked Steve - who also said we did nothing, but..... hunt for agates. Agates are these really cool rocks made of silica and other deposits that are formed in the air pockets of lava rock as it cools. Since we've arrived in Oregon - I've gotten obsessed (and so has Steve). on Agates: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agate .  You also know you have an agate if it's not super clear because the rock even when unpolished will feel waxy to the touch.

With the help of friends Sean and Kelly we found a cool beach that has great scenery and lots of agates.
Here is our favorite spot!

 
Not only do we find agates but we have gotten to see starfish stuck to the rocks on low tide.
These are all over the rocks and in the little pools.

Gotta slip in a pic of the Handsome man himself on the rocks


So here is what we have so far:


4 jars of agates unpolished and another jar worth in the tumbler

seaglass

unpolished versus polished

no clue what this is but Patrick said Tree Rock and I'm sticking with that - even though I'm sure that doesn't exist


Attempt at turning it into jewelry. There is a guy here named Guy Lundy who teaches rock metal wire wrapping class and I'm going to try it out. Because he does fancy stuff!   





So there you! That's what we did in march!

Liz

Note I wrote this before Cat's wedding but didn't publish it til afterward for no real reason except i blanked on it.






This entry was posted on 11:46 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: